Need money but have obstacles
Hello! I have credit card debt of $30,000 that I need to eliminate. However, I have a low-paying job, a co-op apartment rather than a house, and a credit card score of 543. Any suggestions?
Hi Brian! Thanks for reaching out to NerdWallet. I'm sorry to hear about your credit card debt.
Perhaps a good first step is to develop a budget so that you may start reducing the amount of debt you have. These resources should help with that:
- Budgeting 101: How to Budget Money
- Free Budget Calculator
- Free Budget Worksheet
- How to Make a Monthly Budget in 3 Simple Steps - NerdWallet
Once you have a budget in place, you may want to start rebuilding your credit. These articles should help:
- What Is a Secured Credit Card? - NerdWallet
- Best Secured Credit Cards of June 2022 - NerdWallet
- 6 Ways to Rebuild Credit - NerdWallet
- 9 Ways to Build and Improve Your Credit Fast - NerdWallet
While we can't offer personalized financial advice, please send us a support message from your NerdWallet account any time you have a question or concern!
Please sign in to leave a comment.