Please sign in to leave a comment.
Hey guys - After researching and speaking with several financial advisors I have been told that the ideal contribution percentage to save for retirement is between 15% and 20% of gross income. My current employer offers 100% match on the first 6% that you contribute. Currently, I have my contribution set to 10% out of each monthly paycheck. Would my total contribution be considered 16% since my contribution is 10% and my employer is matching 6% or would I need to contribute 15-20% not including company match to hit the ideal percentage that most advisors recommend. Thanks!