Welcome to the NerdWallet Community! We’re so glad you’re here.
Our goal is to foster an engaging and expert community where you, our members, can learn how to get the most out of your NerdWallet account. This is a space where you can ask questions about your membership, share ideas for new features, and crowdsource answers to your personal finance questions.
With that in mind, we have the following Posting Guidelines in place to keep this community a safe and uplifting place. As a member of our community, we ask that you:
We encourage respectful, positive, and constructive dialogue in our community. Financial decisions can be stressful and we want to build each other up. Do not post with unnecessarily negative or unproductive language, name-calling, personal attacks, and profanity.
We take your privacy seriously, so please refrain from sharing ANY personally identifying information (full name, address, phone, SSN, financial account details, etc.) in the forums.
This community becomes more and more useful the more we share with each other! If you have personal experience that can help another member, please offer it. Make sure to keep conversations on-topic - we may either remove off-topic content or move it to the correct forum.
While we appreciate your time to provide a comment or review, we reserve the right to (but are not obligated to) remove your comments for any reason, but especially if they violate the below guidelines:
- Do not post private information. For your own safety, we ask that you do not disclose personal information such as your bank account number, phone number, email or physical address. Avoid posting private or confidential information, and also keep in mind that anything you post may be disclosed, published, transmitted or reused.
- Do not post inappropriate or objectionable content. Do not post or transmit any content that is disruptive, uncivil, abusive, vulgar, profane, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, political, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person. Do not post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit material.
- Do not post infringing content. Do not post or transmit any material that you do not have the right to transmit under law (such as copyrights, trade secrets, or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements).
- Do not knowingly post false information. Do not misrepresent yourself or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Do not submit a comment or review that is false, deceptive, or inaccurate.
- Do not post spam. Do not spam others by posting unwanted commercial, advertisement or promotional materials as a comment or a product review. Do not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or links, or other forms of solicitation, including chain letters and pyramid schemes.
- Do not post illegal content. Do not violate any applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our sites, including, without limitation, the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national or other securities exchanges (especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security).
If you have any questions about our community guidelines or participating in the NerdWallet community, please let us know here in the NerdWallet Community Basics category.
Thanks for helping us build a strong Nerdy community!
Please sign in to leave a comment.