Your primary card is the card through which you will receive your cash back reward payout. You’ll receive this payment between the 9th and the 17th of each month - as long as you’ve earned the $10 cash back minimum. If your rewards balance is less than $10, that amount will be rolled over each month until you’ve met the $10 minimum.
What’s the difference between my primary card and my other cards?
Any card that you’ve added to Rewards can earn you cash back. However, only your primary card can receive your cash back deposits. As long as your primary card is an active credit or debit card, that’s where you’ll successfully receive your cash back payouts!
Changing your primary card
The first card you add to NerdWallet Cash Back will automatically be designated as your primary card. Here’s how you can change your primary card:
- Sign in to your NerdWallet account and click “More,” if you’re using the app, or the menu button in the top right corner if you’re on a computer.
- Click “Settings.”
- Click “Manage accounts.”
- Click each listed card, then click, “Remove account.” Repeat this process until you’ve removed all cards from NerdWallet Cash Back.
- Add the card you’d like to use as your primary card, then add all other cards through which you’d like to earn NerdWallet Cash Back.
A more streamlined way to change your primary card is coming soon!
The first card you add to Rewards will automatically be designated as your primary card. Here’s how you can change your primary card:
1. Sign in to your NerdWallet account and tap or click "Rewards."
2. If you're using the NerdWallet app, tap the credit card icon in the top right corner, click "Your payout card," then select your desired payout card. If you're on your computer, click "Edit cards;" then you can set your payout card or remove cards altogether.
Do I only earn cash back when I use my primary card?
Nope! Any card that you add to Rewards will earn you cash back at participating places, both online and nearby. All you need to do is make a qualifying purchase with your card.