Note that NerdWallet members have the option to choose Google authentication as their mode for signing in. If you think you may have chosen this option, be sure to try these steps before you attempt to re-register:
- Click on this link: https://www.nerdwallet.com/home/signin
- Click on the button that says "sign in with Google"
- If you're already logged in to your Google account, you should be taken right to your NerdWallet account homepage. If not, simply enter your Gmail credentials and you'll be taken to your NerdWallet account homepage.
If you have not set up Google authentication:
The final step to reset your NerdWallet account password is answering the security question you set when you created your account. If you’re unable to remember the answer to your security question, it’s not possible for NerdWallet to provide you with the answer or ask you a different question.
There is a workaround that can help you regain access to your account: NerdWallet can close your account, which will allow you to re-register. This way, you'll be able to set up a new password and security question.
How to close your account:
- You can close your account by logging into your account from a mobile or desktop browser, visiting the "Settings" section, and clicking the red "Close my account," link at the bottom of the "Edit Profile" tab. It's not possible to close your account directly from the NerdWallet app at this time.
- You can also email us at email@example.com letting us know you’d like to close your account because you’ve forgotten the answer to your security question. Please be sure to send this note from the email address you used to create your NerdWallet account.
- We’ll email you back to let you know as soon as we’ve closed your account.
- Then you can re-register here.