Through our partnership with Billshark, NerdWallet members have the opportunity to get lower rates on certain types of bills. Our goal is to help our members pay less towards their regular bills each month so that they can put more of their income towards achieving their financial goals.
Submitting a bill for negotiation using your NerdWallet account
You can submit a bill for negotiation using your NerdWallet account by following these steps:
- Log into your NerdWallet account here. (When you log in, you’ll automatically land on your account homepage. If you navigate elsewhere in your account before submitting your bill for negotiation, be sure to click “Home” on the lefthand side of the screen before following the next steps.)
- Scroll through your information feed until you find the card with this message: “NerdWallet members save an average of $50/month on their bills. Want to lower your bills too?”
- Enter your bill provider and your current bill amount.
- Click “Let’s do it.”
You’ll then be taken through a few more steps, where you’ll agree to Billshark’s fees, enter a little more information about yourself and your bill, and then formally submit your goal for negotiation.
You should also know:
- NerdWallet members pay a special, reduced rate on Billshark’s bill negotiation fee when they submit a bill for negotiation through their NerdWallet accounts: 35% of the savings Billshark is able to negotiate over a year of service.
- For example: If you sign up for Billshark using your NerdWallet account and submit your cable TV bill for negotiation and Billshark is able to negotiate a savings of $100 over the course of a year, you’ll pay them a fee of $35.