Through our partnership with Billshark, NerdWallet members have the opportunity to get lower rates on certain types of bills. Our goal is to help you pay less towards your regular bills each month so that you can put more of your income towards achieving your financial goals.
Submitting a bill for negotiation using your NerdWallet account
You can submit a bill for negotiation using your NerdWallet account by following these steps:
- Log into your NerdWallet account here. (When you log in, you’ll automatically land on your account homepage. If you navigate elsewhere in your account before submitting your bill for negotiation, be sure to click Home on from the lefthand dropdown menu before following the next steps.)
- Scroll through your information feed until you find the card with this message: “Cut your bills down to size. NerdWallet members save an average of $50/month.”
- Enter your bill provider and your current bill amount.
- Click Let’s do it.
You’ll then be taken through a few more steps, where you’ll agree to Billshark’s fees, enter a little more information about yourself and your bill, and then formally submit your goal for negotiation.
You should also know...
- NerdWallet members pay a special, reduced rate on Billshark’s bill negotiation fee when they submit a bill for negotiation through their NerdWallet accounts: 35% of the savings Billshark is able to negotiate over a year of service.
- For example: If you sign up for Billshark using your NerdWallet account and submit your cable TV bill for negotiation and Billshark is able to negotiate a savings of $100 over the course of a year, you’ll pay them a fee of $35.