Your NerdWallet account gives you the opportunity to get your TransUnion VantageScore 3.0 credit score and credit report for free. If you’d like to review your credit report, follow these steps.
To view your TransUnion VantageScore and credit report using the mobile app:
- Navigate to the Profile tab
- Click on the Credit score section
- Click the get your free credit score link
You’ll see your credit score at the top of the page. Scroll about halfway down the page, and you’ll see Credit Report in bold. This is the beginning of your credit report. Keep scrolling to review the contents of your TransUnion credit report.
To view your credit report from a browser (not the app):
- Sign in to your NerdWallet account here.
- Navigate to your credit score overview in one of three ways:
- Click the credit score link below the Profile section on the left-hand side, then click the green get your free credit score button.
- Click on credit score on the top bar of the dashboard screen.
- Click this link to get there directly.
You should also know:
- NerdWallet will send you an email if your credit score changes by 10 points or more, making it easy to track your progress and monitor any unexpected activity.
- Closed credit accounts can affect your credit score for up to 10 years. To see the closed accounts that are still on your credit report, click on the show closed accounts button, which you’ll see in blue after the list of open accounts on your credit report.