If you’ve forgotten the password to your NerdWallet account, you'll need to reset it to gain access to your account.
To reset your password via the NerdWallet app
- Click the Forgot password link from the login page.
- Enter the email address associated with your NerdWallet account, then click Send reset email.
- Check your email inbox - you'll receive a message within a few minutes with instructions and a link.
- Click on the link provided - answer the prompts as they appear on the screen, including entering your new password.
To reset your password using a web browser
- Enter your email address on this page. The email address you enter must be the one you used to create your NerdWallet account.
- Check your email inbox. You'll receive a message within few minutes with instructions and a password reset link. Check your spam folder if you aren't seeing the email. Be sure to click on the emailed password reset link as soon as you can, as they do expire.
- Click on the link provided - answer the prompts as they appear on the screen, including entering your new password
If you don’t see the password reset email within a few minutes, check your spam folder. Once you do see the password reset email, be sure to click on the reset link as soon as you can, as the link does expire.
After following these steps, you should be able to sign in with your new password on this page.
You should also know:
- If you registered using your Google account or Apple ID, you’ll need to sign in by clicking the Continue with Google or Continue with Apple button, instead of manually entering a username and password.